Thursday, April 12, 2012

Matching Tile Game

A while back I was looking though my email and found one from Martha Stewart. Oh Martha, how I love your ideas. It was a very adorable matching tile game for kids using wooden tiles.

Image via Martha Stewart

I love to decoupage anything I can get my hands on and I adore cuteness. So this was right up my alley.



I bought wooden tiles at Michael's for about $0.30 each. I used a coupon for the cupcake punch and paper from my paper stash. The bag was made from leftover fabric from the play kitchen curtain. Now normally I would have just used my Cricut to cut something out instead of spending money on a punch, but our family was cooped up in a hotel for a week while we had plumbing repairs done so I didn't have access to my Cricut. (Oh, and I'm sure the housekeeping lady that cleaned our room everyday hated my little craft messes--I brought my sewing machine along, too!)



Inexpensive. Adorable. Fun. My daughter loves them. She's always asking to "Play cupcakes!" (Sometimes she forgets and calls it "pancakes", ha ha!)


Happy crafting!

3 comments:

Katalina Jewelry said...

Cute game, Kim! I love that you took your sewing machine to the hotel!

mickeyarthur said...

Woah, this seems to look like a nice game. I will surely buy this game and see how it goes. I have 4 sisters and I’ll see if they love it too. Though, I have to first buy coursework online UK based for myself. I will check on this game later as my studies are more important.

Star Distribution said...

Thanks for sharing such great information. It was really helpful to me.
paper shopping bags